View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Sagitta

Default Re: Submit Errata for e23 In Nomine products

Sorceror's Impediments
Sorry to look a free horse in the mouth, but where else am I going to find nits?
(This post contains very minor spoilers for anyone intending to play the adventure.)

p2
Angels prefer selflessness, thinking of the group above the whole.
The group above the individual?
To use a skill, add its number to an appropriate characteristic to determine the target number required for success. If Kris wants to fire a gun, for instance, she adds her Ranged Weapons (Pistol) skill of 2 to her Agility of 4 for a target number of 6.
  • There is no longer a single base characteristic for a skill - is this deliberate? If not, the target numbers could be precalculated for simplicity.
  • In IN hevvy, the characteristic for Ranged Weapon is Precision.
  • The skill is Ranged Weapon (singular)
  • Kris's Ranged Weapon (Pistol) skill is 4, and her Agility is 5. (Her Precision is 4 though.)

p6
Breaking open the desk with fire (such as might wreathe certain Malakite’s hands)...
I'm not sure whether this is meant to be 'a certain Malakite’s hands', or (if IN Lite uses more English plurals) 'certain Malakites’ hands'.

p7
Ummah would be loathe to lose her pet...
The adjective is 'loath' or 'loth'.

p8
Alexandre Darkmoon (formerly Alexander Smith, as a Seraph of Destiny is likely to discover).
Perhaps, but I'd expect him to truthfully call himself 'Alexandre Darkmoon', and refuse to give his former name. Jonathan lite does not have the Seraph of Destiny Attunement.
a seductresses’ vessel
a seductress’s vessel

The following concepts and background facts may not be clear to newcomers:
  • divine intervention (probably wasn't meant to be mentioned at all)
  • fledge
  • vessel
  • Word
  • Seraph of Destiny means 'one of many Seraphim in the service of the Archangel of Destiny', as compared with Demon of Sorcery.
  • corporeal death is only temporary for angels
  • the significance of the missing doors (but that's probably deliberate)

The NPCs' motives are discussed, but not those of the PCs. Some players might think they're obliged to kill Alex.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote