View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #35
whswhs

Default Re: One social trait, multiple society?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
MY solution for this is quitte simple. Lets look in Social Regard +1. It cost 5 points. But I only charge this 5 points if the advantage will be reconinized in at lesat almost all GAME WORLD. In my setting an exemple of it is Social Regard: Priest because every culture in my setting respect priests. But for a trait that is not universal I give a discont based on the accebility (I call it Reach) table on Powers. If the trait is valid in only one region of the world is a -35% if it is valid on 2 its -40% if I remeber right and it scales +- in this way.
That's a possible treatment. But I think it makes rather more sense to port over the Reputation modifiers for "size of population affected." Or just bite the bullet and say "a favorable or unfavorable modifier that has size of population affected and frequence of recognition modifiers is a Reputation." If you have Social Regard (Feared) only with orcs, you take, say, Reputation +2 (dangerous, bearer of Orcrist; orcs, large group; always recognized) [5].

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote