View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #40
InLaNoche

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Stone Arms
Levels 1-4, 6-9, etc. {X} multiplied by 2*/level, level 5, 10, etc. {X} multiplied by 2*+5 points

Skill: Stone Arms (DX/H)

By focusing some earth chi into your arms, you briefly turn them to stone, allowing you to block many attacks that would be dangerous or deadly for mere flesh to stop.
[...]If you succeed, you gain {X}* DR against the attack.
For every 5 levels you have in Stone Arms, add +1 to your roll to activate the power.

Statistics: DR {X}* (Active Defense, -40%; Costs Chi, -5%, Earth Chi, -15%) [({X} multiplied by 2)/level]*. At level 5, 10, 15, etc., add one level of Enhanced Block (Stone Arms) [5/level].

"Earth Chi" is what I named the power modifier here (for Fire abilities, it would be "Fire Chi", for Water "Water Chi", and so on). I reduced the Costs Chi limitation to -5% because the Earth Chi limitation already includes one level of it by default, so this still costs 2 Chi to activate.

The roll to activate the power is now based on the skill, rather than straight DX.
Still trying to get through this Kelly. First off the point cost per level of this skill. From what I can get, little as it is at this point :( , is that every 5th level adds a level of E.Block at 5 points. Is the X for the DR the base, with a multiple of 2 per level? So if I were to have this skill at DR 3, and level 2, the cost would be 6pts, and at level 5 would be (3*5 + (INT(5/5)) 20? (sorry for the program code, forgot the math equivalent of truncate)

Just want to have the math down before I go any further. This is great stuff... The double edged sword on this snadbox type system is there is too much variety in how it can be used...

One last thing. I see how you get the -10% for the Earth Chi power modifier. But the breakdown of the above. I am kind of at a loss of the DR*2/level. Is that based on the base DR advantage with the -60% (5-3)? If so, then I think I am golden, or at least nicely bronzed to move forward. My head is spinning a bit...
InLaNoche is offline   Reply With Quote