View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #30
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLaNoche View Post
Also, if you have ideas for any of the schools powers (offence, defence, other) I would welcome any ideas.
Hmm. I don't know how much you want to get into mental abilities for the various elements, but in case you do, here's some suggestions.

Water: With knowledge, understanding, and compassion all listed as associations, Empathy definitely sounds like a good fit here. Full-blown Mind Reading or Mind Probe might also work. For combat abilities, consider Enhanced Defenses (that is, a package of Enhanced Block, Dodge, and Parry), limited with "only against someone you have made a successful Empathy roll against".

Air: For the "playfulness" association you have, you could use Rapier Wit - literally weaponized jokes! For an even more potent power, you could use Confusion (a version of Terror with slightly tweaked effects, from Powers) for even more extreme effects of super-wit.

Fire: The "passion" and "strength" associations here make me think of Charisma. Put Cosmic, "applies universally", +50% on it to make it apply to literally everything that can see or hear the person. And Awe, another Terror variant from Powers, is worth looking at here.

Earth: The "order" association makes me think of the Visualization advantage. It encapsulates the "perfect planner" sort of character well. Put several levels of Reduced Time on it so that it only takes a second or two, rather than a minute, to use, and it becomes useful in combat.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote