View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #3
Bill_in_IN

Default Re: Giant Sized Weapons and Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Thanks. Interesting.

On first check, this applies to a giant-sized mace. I will dig some more but comments are still welcome.

Quote:
The 3d+3 spiked club mentioned in the IQ 14 Summon Giant spell on page 28 is actually a Giant Mace, which requires the Ax/Mace skill. Choose a ST rating then for every full 10 ST the Giant Mace does 1d+1 damage, costs $15, and weighs 5 pounds. I.e. a ST 20 Giant Mace is 2d+2, ST 20, $30, 10 pounds, while a ST 40 Giant Mace is 4d+4, ST 40, $60, 20 pounds. Well balanced (+1 DX to strike) silver giant maces exist and are worth one hundred times as much as the normal giant maces (as per ITL 123 for a well balanced silver weapon), but almost always have the Staff I enchantment on them.
If I apply this damage methodology to a two handed sword, you would add 1D+1 per each 10 ST above the ST required to wield one made for a human. This would bring a giant-sized two-handed sword to 4D damage for a ST 25 giant. This seems to fall in line with what I proposed. However, your suggestion ads additional damage based upon ST. So, at ST 34, it will do 5D+1 damage and 6D+2 damage at ST 44 (If allowed to go that high). Did I read your link properly?

Last edited by Bill_in_IN; 03-07-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Bill_in_IN is offline   Reply With Quote