View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 01:11 PM   #32
Fred Brackin

Default Re: 4e Cure Disease badly worded/overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTraynor View Post

I suppose it'd depend on the ubiquity of healing in the campaign. I could see, in a high magic environment, teams just hitting one organ after the next until they had enough of a database to work with. Alright, TL 4 might not know WHY the pancreas is causing trouble, but ...
They'll have access to combat damage cases that w0uld never have survived without magic.

"The patient had his pancreas destroyed by a spear thrust in the last Orc War. In the 30 days it took for that organ to Regenerate he not only had trouble digesting his food but also displayed symptoms of diabetes. Is it possible for organs to have two separate functions?"

In "diseases" that start out as autoimmune disorders like diabetes type 1 you could Regenerate the Islets of Langerhans just to see them destroyed again.

Diabetes type 2 might be even tougher. My own best speculation about me and portal fantasy centers around Restoration cast on the entire muscular system (and a lot of Youth spells too). Of course this is after casting Restoration on almost every joint in my body.