View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 07:49 AM   #41
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Points per each Game Session? What is average or normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
I agree on "a little less than the ongoing characters", simply because a character designed with, say, 450 points, tends to be a bit more efficient than one designed on 250 with another 200 added in small increments.
Exactly. One thing I've done within the last 4-5 years is to start off with templates or buckets (my personal favorite) and then go from there with the remaining points being either free spends or evenly divided into what groupings I have for the setting.

I mostly agree with you, Sean, but I've been running online games since 2016. Not games just with my friends alone and because of that I have had to adapt. I need to be upfront about what gets you what and then stick to it because I don't know how people will react. I keep the good ones, I let the chaff go as it may, and I move on. This has netted me a good group of two dozenish players now and I've been able to experiment with rewards a bit more. For instance, in AEON I have "bonus goals" that are kind of metagame rewards like video game achievements. "Use a power stunt 10 times" or "Spend Impulse Points to save an NPC" everyone gets the points for them and everyone can contribute to them. It's been a lot of fun.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote