View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #407
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
Just finished playing around with Candidate 3. Looks good. Just a few suggestions. Could you please
  1. add the following items to the "Smaller SM" Systems list?
    1. Vehicle Dock (Half-Sized too?)
    2. Engineering
  2. add a switch to suppress "Crush Depth" or convert it to Atmospheres?
  3. automatically assume Streamlining for calculating Air Speed when using the Force Wings design switch? (SS7 p.23)
  4. include ALL of the numbered notes in the Design Switches, Features, & Notes section?
  5. fix the column headers in the HTML output? Example: PS: Is "NOWRAP" really necessary?
1) shouldn't be a problem
2) I'll think on that. I'll probably add an "atmospheres" listing along with the depth.
3) Already assumes "streamlining" if you have Force Wings for Air Performance 1 & 2, not streamlined for 3 & 4 (unless the ship actually has the streamlining option, in which case all profiles naturally assume streamlining).
4) What numbered items, specifically, are you seeing show up or not show up. Remember that each number does not get it's own line; some similar items are grouped together (such as all Armor/DR/Force Screen options being on the same line, or all Fuel Used being on a single line) (p.s. if you're using Excel and can give me an example ship from the ones saved that would be useful)
5)<tr> is missing, I can fix that. I think it's only missing in the top table - do you see anywhere else I missed something like that?
While NOWRAP is not needed in most cells, it is needed for some of the cells. And I didn't want to make the coding any more difficult by having to test whether it is necessary for all of them or not so I just used NOWRAP in all cells. HTML doesn't care about superfluous tags like that, and frankly I'm not too worried about them so long as it's properly formatted.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 05-26-2012 at 04:39 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote