View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #405
SalsaDoom

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
There's nothing saying that you have to fill all of the mounts - just take as many as are actually needed for the design and assign the rest to a Cargo Hold. In addition, you can always add a Mixed Mount to start out with far fewer Peripheral Mounts.

I've thought about it. In fact, I started adding another size of weapon but realized it was going to take a lot of work to do it correctly so I wound up dropping it. It's still something I would like to do, and when I do get around to it I'll probably add several smaller sizes of weapon mount, but it's not something I'm likely to get around to too soon.
Thats more then good enough for me, honestly. Thats actually what I've been doing, on a large ship that actually turns out to be quite a lot of cargo space -- which is generally useful on a large ship anyway. This already does so many awesome things that I can wait a long time for the small stuff :) The smaller size components where the biggest thing I was hoping to see and its there in spades already. :)

EDIT: Actually a thought occured to me, there is an option to use Cargo for reaction mass, which really can be helpful on the more realistic sort of fuel burning designs... would it be possible to have an option to use Steerage cargo from habitates or unused turrets as reaction mass as well? It would make some of that unused space more useful. Awesome if possible :) Thanks Eric!

Last edited by SalsaDoom; 05-19-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Adding a suggestion :)
SalsaDoom is offline   Reply With Quote