View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
The_Ryujin

Default Re: After the End meets Ogre: A Cross-over

Yeah, Ogre is a pretty good fit for an after the end campaign and is definitely one I wouldn't mind playing in (that or a good Fallout campaign for that matter heh).

Sadly we're probably not going to be getting a 4th edition GURPS: Ogre book but as it stands most things from the 3rd ed book can be updated with a little work if you got the time to spare.

Oh, here's a couple of things to get you started if you'd like:

Most ultra tech armors have been dropped down a peg in 4th edition. Diamondoid armor went from having DR 370 a inch to having just ~DR250 (This is on one hand due to energy weapons not being as powerful and high end armor divisors not being as common in 4th ed and on the other hand due to better material available to general public on how strong some of these materials are going to be in the future in real life). This means that any vehicles that you end up converting that have BPC should have their armors DR multiplied by 2/3rds.

To save yourself some un-needed work converting the battlesuits, the heavy TL 10 battlesuit from Ultratech is a good stand in for the power armors used in Ogre, just multiple it's armor by 1.5 to have it line up better with how strong BCP is.

And if you're interested with having a few SATNUCs laying about I came up with a way to update them to 4th ed (just be mindful it's a little math heavy). Also keep in mind that explosives in 4th are now are based on the square root of the explosives weight rather then being liner as it was in 3rd.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote