View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 03:22 PM   #596
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
What would be involved in retoractively sabotaging the solder?
I'm letting you do things out of order, within limits. In this instance, destroying the materials needed to fix the problem before you cause the problem. So basically coming up with ways to sabotage the solder.
Quote:
Sorry, my question was about what is the reaction on ship to the ship dropping out of hyperspace?
ahh... that hasn't happened yet. You've induced a wobble in the stabilization field that will force it to drop out of hyperspace, but its still building and becoming a problem: you have to wait 6 to 18 hours after introducing the wobble to see anything happen.

Right now we are playing out a planning meeting PLUS the things that happen as a result of that meeting. We aren't doing anything that will happen after the ship drops out of hyperspace.

When the ship drops out of hyperspace, there will be a fuss, but I'll cover that when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I'll start with whichever would be convenient for my shift. Plan is:
-> Fib to Thibi (split for efficiency, whatever)
-> Stealthy go over to the work area (whichever's convenient)
-> Try to find the voltmeter
-> Maybe try to fry it depending on the situation.
Lets say that laser maintenance is the most convenient. The gravity in that area is strange, but you have good reasons to go there. The trick will be convincing people you have a reason to be alone there: its a rather public area. How will you present yourself (even if only in demeanor) that will make them not question why you are alone, and still give you time to look around for where they might keep the voltmeters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
TGLS: She can help Hua in breaking the nozzles. With her psi power she can mess with electronics easily, and can also damage the solder and the nozzles faster than Hua with her psi.
By which you mean you can melt metal with your hands, I presume.

Quote:
Gnomes: I am just waiting for the time they agree on taking the Nav-Chief “down”.
I think GnomesOfZurich did say he's up for trying to intercept Commander Zybo on his way to lunch. Shall we run that?

Quote:
Erick/TGLS: Pacifica asked Hua to bring her radios (walkie-talkies), it’s been a while since this request so I wonder if that actually happened during our current time-frame. With the radios, I could tell you if Zibo leaves or not.
So radios are only given to officers, for security reasons, and they only have a single radio channel. (Yes, more than one ship has probably been lost to fire because of this).

There is, however, a fairly robust wireless communication system. You can talk to people in adjacent compartments via wireless communication, and some of the more important compartments are wired to each other. Pacifica's work compartment happens to be wired to almost every other major part of the ship: its the control compartment.

The messages sent via the wired communications usually speak to the entire compartment, or feed into a high-clearance terminal.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote