View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #138
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
That evening (Tuesday), as promised Day is going to show-off his palm reading to whoever is interested, and will particularly seek out any of his regular table mates and, if he's lucky enough, any of the cooks from his mess.

Edit: to speed things up, I've done 5 Palmistry and 5 Mental Surgery rolls. For others Day regularly dines with, he'll give them the same Delusion as Pothi (Day is above suspicion) [-5]; to any cooks, he'll give Delusion (We should use salt instead of the psi-suppressants) [-5] and Delusion (The flour is contaminated) [-5].
No one gets too suspicious about Daymar's palmistry attempts, though several people take the time to inform him that "You do know we're on Psi-suppressants? fortune telling won't work!"

The breakfast cooks dutifully absorb the mental surgery, as does the first lunch cook. The second cook resists the effect. Beyond resisting the effect, his eyes immediately go wide. You can tell he knows exactly what you just tried to do to him. You also notice that he's done the exact opposite of what spacers are trained to do, which is to not react at all.

The other cook hasn't noticed this at all yet.

Daymar has a few seconds to react before everything goes up in flames (metaphorically. Literally, he has a few days before Hua starts burning food)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day has decided to place a bet that they will first see combat 3 weeks and 2 days into their mission.
noted. Nice. We'll see if he can win that bet.

Quote:
As for picking up extra calories, Day will raid the food stores one level down to supplement his diet.
I'll need a stealth roll for that. After we find out what the cook does.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote