View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 06:58 AM   #15
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: GURPS Powers - Subatomic Manipulation Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I think maybe the "subatomic" is deceptive here. If you are actually limited to "subatomic" the scale issue kills pretty much any useful applications. If you can manipulate lots of different "subatomic" things at the same time, then I don't really see a difference between this and any other Matter Manipulation power that also allows disintegration (with or without massive energy release) and transmutation. Well maybe that it would also work on antimatter if you happened to encounter any.

You might describe what you are doing to manipulate the matter differently than somebody whose power was Universal Alchemy or something, but I don't know that the effects are going to be different from Control Classical Elements.
Noted. Scale is not just in the subatomic, but rather the manipulation of such particles to create macro effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Well, go through the list of effects you can get from Control and Create, at a level you can afford. And then note any specific benefits you envision that aren't included in that list. Do any jump out at you?

You might consider taking everything but Control and Create as alternative abilities at 1/5 cost.
That's why I came here to ask that question. What advantages other than Control and Create would Subatomic Manipulation have? Innate Attack and Binding are obvious. But what else?

Alternate Abilities are obvious and I'm ignoring that at the moment to try and build a list on what can be done.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote