View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 05:42 AM   #4
OldSam

Default Re: New to GURPS, Making sense of suplements for Zombie Apocalypse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamwitch View Post
...I am looking to capture the feel of a Zombie survival horror using GURPS. ... I want encumbrance, I want fatigue, I want lethal combat, I was starvation, dehydration and infectious wound rules, I want the feel of a zombie survival horror ...
GURPS was a very good choice for the type of game you are looking for! *thumbs up*

Indeed, while reading your initial post, what first came to my mind was "After the End"... ( fatigue, starvation, dehydration... etc) http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/aftertheend/ - As you are already well equipped when it comes to basic rules and genre stuff for Zombies, the things you may still be missing are likely found in a specific setting kit like that.

I think you'll really like After the End, it offers a great post apocalyptic survival theme with many game aids for developing your own ideas on top of that...

On top of that probably you would like to get "High-Tech", which is the generic tech catalog with a lot of additional equipment/weapon stuff, more vehicles, some additional rule details etc. for modern era campaigns, which I use a lot personally in all games set in TL5-TL8.

IMHO Tactical Shooting is not well suited for a Zombie Campaign, I'd leave that for more military/spec ops things etc., the same goes for Martial Arts in my personal view of your setting description, unless you want to focus on 'Kung Fu' style Zombie ass kicking and/or a lot of detailed tactical choices in melee situations ;) (PS: Moreover these last two expansions are best used in an advanced group very familiar with the basic rules)

Last edited by OldSam; 07-29-2018 at 06:05 AM.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote