View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:16 AM   #28
Phoenix_Dragon

Default Re: [HT] Grenades fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Sounds like mostly "Make more rolls during combat thus slowing things down". Okay. Not what I prefer so I'll stick to hand waving it.
The stuff I posted generally only requires a single extra roll. Except it's not even an extra roll if you're already using the various realism rules from Tactical Shooting to make combat more realistic. And if you're going without the realistic rules, then yeah, you're going to get less realistic results.

Though I'll note that with the stuff I posted, you don't even need the realistic rules to potentially make running away from a grenade the wrong call.

MrFix is right; grenades are not some sure-fire "kill everything here" weapons. They are a tool, a single part of your tactical kit. They're going to be near useless in a theoretical infinite-flat-field combat, but they can be exceptionally effective tools if used right.

The only time I'd ever consider giving grenades an instant fuse is if the campaign is specifically aimed at having a cheesy action-movie feel, where throwing a grenade immediately produces a massive fireball that throws around every goon in the vicinity.
Phoenix_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote