View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 03:59 PM   #64
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nordlond Sagas: Three new books for the DFRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I loved the preview, didn't spot any errors though one item was a bit confusing on first read. Great art (and art doesn't sell me on a book, but I do appreciate it) and each deity is well covered. I would love to see a Designers Notes on the abilities, most I figured out but a couple I'm really unsure on.
That'll be up to Kevin (he did all the heavy lifting there), but if he writes it, you'll find it on GB.

Quote:
Now that I'm done reading the latest Power-Ups by Kromm I will reread it, make any edit comments I spot (if any) in the kickstarter?
Best way to get me actionable feedback/proofing is 100% always email.

gamingballisticllc at gmail dot com

Quote:
For my setting I had no intention of using Norse gods but I am adding these to the setting. I have one minor quibble or suggestion if you can add it.
Give them domains or portfolios called directly out, this would work well with the Dungeon Fantasy line, specifically DF 5: Allies.
They sort of are, though? I mean, "God of Law?" "Magic, Love, and Transcendance?"

Some of them will be pretty clear, some might take some doing.

Lady of Life maps pretty directly, and Mischief is Chaos. The Allfather maps to Wisdom and War, the Lawgiver is Order and War, Death is, well, Death.

Beyond that, you will not-ever see call-outs directly to the main DF line in the licensed DFRPG products as they're published. First, that's opening a giant can of worms, and second it's not part of the license.

That being said . . . I could easily see mapping those to the DF5 domains in the same designer's notes blog post.

Quote:
On a purely personal and selfish note that may also make importing to my setting that uses a different magic system easier.
Understood: listing the gods by their domains as their titles is pretty much offering up the baton to be grabbed. It's one of the reasons I de-Norsed them to begin with. I mean, many settings have a god of storms, or thunder, or war, or the protector of mankind...and that is at least somewhat portable. Thor/Donnar . . . less so.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote