View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
Gnomasz

Default Re: How to game master, being an explorer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I know one thing I do is to plan short campaigns: I don't plan to run a single game indefinitely: the campaign is about a single problem or group of problems, and when that's solved, the game is over. The PC's can see the end coming, and the epilogues we've done have been very well received. Then I move on to a completely different setting.
Might as well try it, though I'd have to loosen up my obsessive prep.

Quote:
Does world-building scratch your itch?
Not really, I'm afraid. Building the game mechanics for a world does, but it usually goes to waste after a couple of sessions.

Quote:
I love using random generators in Game Mastering. The Collaborative Gamer has an excellent set, especially for NPC's and his "Solo6" (which doesn't have to be used for solo games). I also just kind of collect random generators from all over the place. (including a bunch of custom ones)
This is a very interesting idea. Maybe the random factor could spark some joy for me as well. I'll look into that!

Quote:
Is your dilema about gaming because you can't find a good GM, or for other reasons?
Kind of. I can't find a willing GM (never mind a good one) among my friends, and I just can't bring myself to play with strangers.