View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 06:46 AM   #5
Gumby Bush

Default Re: How do I create a healer?

If you are using Sorcery Rules, you'll want a level or more of Sorcerous Empowerment. Let's say level 1 for [20];

Then you want Healing to come out to 20 or less. As an Alternate Ability, it will cost x1/5 of the cost. As a Sorcerous ability, its power modifier would be Sorcery -15%, rather than Magical -10%, but there is already a FP cost associated, so just Magical in this case.

Healing (Magical -10%; Affects Self +50%; Injuries Only -20%; Cannot Restore Crippled Limbs -10%; Takes Extra Time 1, takes 2 seconds, -10%; Contact Agent -30%; FP Cap, 2 FP -25%; Reduced FP Cost 1 +20%) [20] [4 as an Alternate Ability to Sorcerous Empowerment 2]

Were I the GM, I would be disinclined to permit Reliable on Sorcerous abilities, except to offset intrinsic penalties. Instead, buy Sorcery Talent for 10/level.

The "canonical" Minor Healing in Thaumatology: Sorcery (p. 17) is similar, but ends up costing [32]; requiring Sorcerous Empowerment 3 [40]; and costing [7] as an Alternate Ability. That version lacks Takes Extra Time and Contact Agent.