JohnPaulB

Default Re: Cidri's Got Talent - Military

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
IQ 8 – Military Discipline (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bofinger View Post
I like the idea. I might name it Soldier, but Military Discipline is also OK. I would call it overpriced at 2, it seems to me comparable with talents like Climbing and Swimming.
I was thinking it would include something like your Shield Wall as part of a phalanx close quarter fighting formation.

Quote:
This one is complex to write but I think it's mostly intuitive once you understand it. You can protect people adjacent to you, a bit. I've tried to write it so it handles jabs and missile attacks naturally.
IQ 8: Shield Wall (1)
If Figure A attacks and hits Figure B then Figure C may may use a shield to stop some of the hits, provided (a) Figure C has this talent, (b) Figure C has a shield that stops at least two hits, (c) Figure C is adjacent to Figure B, (d) Figure A is to Figure C's front, (e) Figure A is no further from Figure C than Figure A is from Figure B. The protection provided is one less than the shield's normal protection.
Or whatever 1 point close-quarter military discipline thing the GM could come up with: Formation Cavalry Charges? Ramming Speed for naval attacks? Rotational Volley Fire?

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Physicker junior.
IQ 9: First Aid (1)
Like Physicker, but only heals 1 point instead of 2. If you have this talent then Physicker only costs 1.
I like this as it makes sense to have sequential healing talents. Someone who takes this is not trying to go into the medical field, but could later on.
It should only work with a First Aid Kit or Physicker Kit.
The handicap with someone working First Aid when there is a Physicker around is that doing First Aid would preclude having the Physicker help afterwards.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote