View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #39
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: GURPS Starships line errata (and some observations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I think you're making assumptions about what I want out of Spaceships. In fact, I really have no idea what you're talking about. We're having a discussion about how badly or well-written we find ships like, say, the Starhawk space fighter, and you're saying that A) you love the Spaceships line and think that it's great and B) we're fools for wanting it to have ships like the Starhawk space fighter.

So I no longer know what you're trying to say.
You wrote about how Spaceships fails to support the combat paradigm that motivates the Starhawk fighter existing.

There are plenty of ship writeups that, like the Starhawk, seem to belong to paradigms that the rules don't support or make any sort of effort to support.

My assertion is that Spaceships comprehensively fails to provide any kind of support for dealing with the whole alternate paradigms idea that people involved in writing the books, posters on the forum, and seemingly you in particular want it to.

Then you threw a dismissal at me about how I apparently hate Spaceships (which is somewhat true, but for completely different reasons) and I responded to that.