View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 04:49 PM   #30
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Scientific Specializations for Exploring Unknown Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
It is exceedingly good to 'see' you two, Brett, Anthony and everyone else.

I've missed gaming, the forums and the erudite, intelligent discourse of which SJ Games forumites are capable, even on these awful Internets.
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Very good thought.

Of course, the initial team would be somewhat unusual, what with the specific requirements. The need for absolute reliability and discretion, the ability and desire to drop everything to travel to Puerto Rico based on a strange story, a motivation to land on the island as soon as possible that proved stronger than reasonable caution or instinct for self-preservation in the face of weather warnings, and, last but not least, a requirement that they have some sort of a personal allegiance to the eccentric billionaire Patron (or someone close to him).

However, I imagine that Kessler, (our eccentric billionaire Patron) would be planning on obtaining unimpeachable witnesses of stature and reputation as soon as he could, certainly to land on the island as soon as it was determined to be safe. As well as having already had his PR people select tame journalists to feed the story to if and when he decided he had enough evidence to publish.
I would also think that someone somewhere would leak the story and you'd get crackpot journalists who are determined to see this Caribbean Shangri La. That would be bad - one story in a tabloid and your guy's credibility is gonna go down.

That way you can make the story about getting there and exploring it, but also keeping riffraff away as well

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote