View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #26
Prince Charon

Default Re: Scientific Specializations for Exploring Unknown Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Reverend Francis Coughlin S.J., PhD (b. September 9, 1939; Dublin, Ireland); theologist and bioethicist from Loyola University.
Um, which Loyola University? There are five, according to wikipedia, and three of them were known by that name in 1995 (a fourth was called 'Loyola College in Maryland' until 2009).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Excellent.

Of course, any satellite images, regardless of date, show nothing but empty ocean. This is alarming, to say the least, but leads to the hypothesis that the island is not wholly present in this world or time, but that those who fly low enough or travel close to it somehow occupy the same Elsewhere time or space as the island.
That's going to be very much of interest to various governments, once they know for sure that no-one on their end was painting the island out (which is the normal explanation when a civilian finds a place that they can see, but that doesn't appear on satellite). It's something I've considered for some of my own stuff.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote