View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #32
Jareth Valar

Default Re: [MH] Underground Fights in a Tourist Resort in the Caribbean?

Several points if I may...

* Concerning the local constabulary and politics. How much does the individual(s) controlling things actually help the local economy? All of that "tourism" can have a positive impact on lower income countries. Especially id the owner has an "advertising budget" that he uses to help fund local hospitals, modern technologies, etc. I can see many offering to help in that case, and many more just willing to accept it as part of cost of comfort/modernity.

* Never underestimate the power of greed. If the rules are known to all fighters going in (no holds barred, death is definitely possible, etc) and there is a visible "big prize" like maybe a cage where the money gets added after each fight. Something that can be seen and coveted.

* If the above is true, the local hospital might even have a section set up specifically to treat the fighters.

LOL, I had several more...but as soon as my fingers hit the keyboard, brain flushed.

EDIT:
Also, there is the possibility that whoever is in the middle of this (and those involved) might even have a higher GNP than the country they are in.

The thing with the obscenely rich is that money can buy just about everything. There is a reason Capone was only caught on tax evasion (true that was during the 20's-30's but many wore get away with things today)

Last edited by Jareth Valar; 03-25-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Jareth Valar is offline   Reply With Quote