View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Gurps Fan

Default Re: Access to Power Blow, Flying Leap, Enhanced Parry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Agreed! Long time no see, I was a tad worried since you hadn't posted in a while and then Japan had all those natural disasters back to back...I'm glad to see you back! ^_^
Thank you for being concerned about me and my country. Fortunately, there was little damage in my home town. I've lately been just very busy with my real-life job. I'm not sure when I'll be back to this forum again. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
As for Unusual Training the actual text says:
Martial Arts, p. 52 says: "Unusual Training is an Unusual Background that lets you buy a cinematic capability without Trained by a Master or Weapon Master.", and take some examples such as non-combat Breaking Blow, etc. I think that what Unusual Training perk allows is a "beliebably restricted" version of cinematic skills, not full-fledged ones. PU 2, p. 21 also takes "Dual-Weapon Attack, Both attacks must target the same foe" and "Musical Influence, Only on tame pets" for example, as opposed to simple, full-time "Dual-Weapon Attack" and "Musical Influence".
Gurps Fan is offline   Reply With Quote