View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
snarky

Default Re: Can I decide at any time not to fight a monster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
If I would meet a level 20 platinum dragon for instance while I'm level 1, but I have enough equipment and buffs to be level 21 I could beat the dragon and so I decide to.
Now at 2.5 seconds someone screams *slow-mo low voice*NOOOOOOO! and buffs the dragon to, say, level 25.
Can I change my mind and walk away at that last moment?

I know you can choose at any time not to fight in case of the stoned gollem, but the text is different from the "will not pursue" monsters
At that point, you're no longer capable of beating the monster, so you have to run away, ask for help, or play additional cards to defeat it. You're not deciding not to fight it...the circumstances have changed, and you have the same choices as the beginning of the combat.

If you choose to run, all the cards you played are discarded, and you get to roll to see if Bad Stuff happens (or, in the case of the PD, he just ignores you and you go about your merry way).
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote