View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #13
Polydamas

Default Re: [Spaceships] Hull size of Falcon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
My 100 tons of cargo numbers came from the WEG D6 Star Wars game and Lucasarts signed off on that o. I think they were used in official SW deckplan books before that.

No one wants to hear it but working from linear measurements will give you bad numbers. Spaceships is not based on linear measurements.
Last time I checked, which was many years and several change of policy ago, the WEG materials had a low level of cannonicity (so people writing the tie-in novels and video games did not have to read up on them, although some did anyways). But there are other numbers which have been published since then and had official status until the sale to Disney and the most recent change in cannon policy.

If I were running a SW game, I would not worry about what the IP owners think is and is not cannon. But there are plenty of numbers which are not apocryphal, pulled out of thin air, or based on technobabel in the scripts (whether you think Curtis Saxton and co. pulled them out of anything solid is another question, but they sure put a lot of work into the pulling).

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote