View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Iceking007

Default Death... and a few Questions of Wondering

Hello I have probably played Munchkin about 4 times on two separate occasions, once about a week ago and the other almost a year. I have just ordered all Space editions, MI, the 4th Christmas, two battle counters, boxes of holding (whish I could get them in MI flavor) and all Zombies I'm also planning on buying G.B&M Fairy dust and dice, radioactive dice, bag of dice, Apocalypse, Super 1&2 and deluxe munchkin with all expansions once my pocket book catch up but that's another few hundred. One of my friends has all 9 original Munchkin, my other friend has upto 7 so I figured these will give us a change and a part of the Munchkin Saga I can Own that's different and unique. In preparation for the delivery on Tuesday I've downloaded ALL pdfs and started reading them.

DEATH:
I am confused about the death rule; when we have played if a Munchkin dies they discard all cards and start again at level 1 human ect; in reading I've discovered this is wrong, it seems like to me that you discard some cards every one loots you then you get rid of any left-overs...but you keep your race class and level?

So if I'm a Gnome Thief Super Munchkin level 9; then I'm still at level nine and the same but no cards on the table (why wouldn't I just keep my cards to remember) plus how can I die but win the game the next turn?

APOCALYPSE:
Do Seal cards get shuffled or are they in numbered order like in the demo (never played just read all the rules as I've said which is remarkable since I hate to read...how very Munchkinly of me I know) I imagine you shuffle them for randomization but how do you not draw the 7 when all six players draw one card each?I believe to start the game or at any time I suppose as there aren't that many and they have their own deck but I suppose this is also the point and much easier to understand while playing sorry for this.

BONUS CARDS:
Free bonus cards when we buy 5 boosters...awesome if I buy most of these elsewhere but the warehouse 10,11 and 12 boosters can you ship all my cards together or do I still need to pay extra shipping? Can I just take a picture and send in the numbers of the UPC via email or something rather than cutting up my boxes if I want to keep them for collector sake?

CTHLUHU:
ERR....Klul-loo? I understand this is based on another book and a game, some forum posts have been disappointed that it's not accurate to the story line; I'm not interested in that as stated above I'm looking for something I can bring to the table and be happy with instead of my friends owning all the fun. It's hard competing with 9 expansions we all have fun and play for a long time but best I can do is buy three separate editions and put them together.

So my question would be is it catered to these fans or munchkin fans; if you don't know anything about CTHULHU the picture on the box looks enticing but an expensive way to go just to try it out....I would love to putt these all together to build a nice big deck but I don't think everything will play nice even though they are said to fit I foresee massive teething pains and complexity forcing an issue that...well just might not work out the way I hope.

Ofcourse I can always put my decks together and will, to try it but I don't think the smoothness of Munchkin 1-9 will ever be achieved. In reading Star Munchkin and MI seem like they may make the best fit of the other possibilities, I'm also thinking Zombies and Apocalypse should work...the others (including the Santa series I'm hoping to get all of) will fit the best with Munchkin original but can be mashed all in for some weird fun every once and awhile.

I'm really hoping for more MI sets (7+ :D one can hope) the most cuz then I will have something to share; I'm also hopeful of Star Munchkin expansions, Zombies ofcourse are cool, and Apocalypse if it doesn't fit well with the Zombies I'd be looking for more of those.

Thank you for your time sorry for the long post I'm sure I'll have more questions and I've just created 70+ cards the last day or two which I'll be sending in once I get them polished up.
Iceking007 is offline   Reply With Quote