View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #1571
Icelander

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Just watch out for the pig developing kaleidoscope eyes.

In any case, if this trick does any good, and the cultists catch up with the distraction, their anger should be wonderful.
Tomasz Wojciechowski was a child prodigy (of almost everything, but perhaps most notably chess) who dropped out of med school just before graduation due to student unrest in his native Poland. He has since spent most of his life as an unconventional, but exceptionally effective, special operator.

Zamal Juman was part of a paramilitary police death squad in a very ugly undeclared war in Guyana and has spent the past twelve years in an intelligence billet in Kessler's 'Night Riders'. He may not have the phenomenal fitness of the younger operators, but ever since he was young, he's lived in a greyscale world of danger, counter-surveillance, murder and betrayal.

Whoever is picked to supplement them will be, at minimum, a Navy SEAL or other similar special operator who is unusual even among his peers in terms of willpower and mental toughness.

When you consider that the 'Driving Miss Piggy' team has a mandate to call in a strike team (federal LEOs or 'Night Riders' depending on situation) to ambush their pursuers if they detect cultists, I'm not sure that anyone who finds them will have much of a chance to rue the fact that their target is more porcine than prophetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
The 30-something SEAL (or even a SEAL-wannabe) should be named Kermit, if only for the IC laughs.
If there is even one Kermit among Kessler's part-time 'Night Riders', I'm sure Wojciechowski will ask for him by name. I'm not sure, however, that it is particularly likely. I guess someone could be named after President Roosevelt's son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I can absolutely see that as a mostly slice-of-life episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
I have some characters that would feel this is not the strangest thing they've been asked to do.

And, in the case of my sister's character, Shadow Foe, he had to explain once: "Look, I'm just here to carry the goat."
The funny/tragic thing about it is that this job is assigned to NPCs. The PCs have better things to do than piggysit the ringer.

This scenario is part of my ongoing occult mystery / paranormal technothriller / Monster Hunter campaign, Caribbean by Night. In fact, I've just posted in the campaign thread asking for input on where the three NPCs should drive Miss Piggy.

I'd love suggestions from as many people as possible.

Lucien Lacoste's player asked me if I could write a short story about the adventures of the 'Driving Miss Piggy' team...