View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 06:29 AM   #15
phiwum

Default Re: Death Spell - so how's it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senturian View Post
I'll go with that but only if it was in effect prior to the Death Spell.
then it wouldn't be 7 each would lose, but the whole amount of the lesser Strength character, which would be at most (12?) for these 2.

While the Gargoyle may will feel weak, light headed and see stars, the Goblin will be meeting her maker.
The goblin could have more than six mana. The limit on a staff is based on IQ and is double IQ for Staff IV.

Of course, it's a lot of XP to get to such high levels. I was just making an NPC gate-making wizard and gave him 18 Mana in his staff, but when I realized that bumped him effectively from a 37 attribute character to 39, I backed off. That was too stacked a character. I fixed my mana needs by giving his one non-wizard companion the Aid spell.

Still, the non-wizard plus the two apprentices must make their rolls to cast Aid within one turn of each other. If all of them have DX 10, the odds are only 27/64 if I figger right. Failure to make the roll means everyone has a nice nap while those who made it regain all the ST they passed to the big guy. Repeat in about three hours.

Last edited by phiwum; 03-17-2021 at 06:41 AM.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote