View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #6
Plane

Default Re: should it be harder to strongly kick the face of someone who is biting your leg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Damage while being grappled should probably be reduced in most cases. For most grapples, you aren't going to have the room to manage a proper punch or kick, or even a stab or slash, even if the limb in question isn't actually grappled. IIRC, Technical Grappling gave a general reduction to ST from being grappled, and honestly that would probably be sufficient.
Yeah the -1 to ST per 2 control is one of the TG things I love most. Also prefer deriving the DX penalty from the % of ST reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Alternatively (or additionally), if using TG or FDG, consider allowing the grappling character to spend Control to reduce the damage of a strike by the grappled character, as an inverse of the option to use it to increase their own damage.
Def an idea I like for emergencies, though not sure how much use it'd get since in a lot of cases it seems preferably to just keep CP on so you get free penalties every turn instead of a 1-shot penalty.

I think Physical Control Point spending would get more use if you allowed it to go temporarily higher than it's maximum but with those excess points fading away over time, so that there's more incentive to spend them since you'd lose them anyway.

That's one of the weird bits of TG where the maintenance of those grapples is effectively free and unfatiguing. When we merge it with Technical Grappling you only spend AP in adding or preventing the subtraction of the AP, but not in the passive hanging-on.

There's no passive mechanism of AP reduction for something like "the hobbit is dangling from the troll's arm" where the troll doesn't bother to try and shake the hobbit off (the -1 to ST is negligible because it has arm ST of 20), yet the hobbit is suspending his entire bodyweight from that troll, which shold fatigue the hobbit.

Maybe something like 'movement is a free Break Free' in an inferior way to the actual Break Free attack (like how you get free thrust walking through DR forcefields) or how you can in theory get free collision damage w/o taking a slam simply by trying to walk through someone's hex without using Evasion (I think this came up in the sampel combat me and Eric did couple years ago)