View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 01:47 PM   #18
Plane

Default Re: Create Powerstone for Sorcery, Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesendeja View Post
Powerstone: Magic Energy Reserve (Affects Others +50%, Slow Recharge: Hourly -20%) [3.9]
Normally with an 'Affects Others' advantage you need to make the sapient choice to affect another with that advantage using a Ready maneuver...

One thing to reference here would be the Improved Zombie that Kromm wrote up in Pyramid 3/1

"The zombie lending him energy must take a Ready maneuver (not fight!) to do so" is the condition mentioned.

To 'affect other' without taking a Ready I think would require 'Reduced Time' enhancement to make it a free action, but you would still need awareness of the person being there.

This makes me think something like Reflexive +40% might be necessary for Powerstones to be automatically affecting those who touch them with access to their ER, since they are insensate characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I'm still not convinced No Resistance is legal, but given this is going to be applied to an object, I'd give it a pass.
It's definitely not legal. If you want to forgoe objects resisting your spells you should make it a Malediction which targets Will, objects have IQ/Per/Will of 0 so the best result they can get (at a 3) is a MoF of 3, so any successful roll (which Malediction requires anyway, it doesn't work with MoF 1 for example) will work against them.

Last edited by Plane; 04-15-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote