View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 09:47 PM   #119
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

OOC: It's the memory of your master...

You find yourself in a fine, meditation chamber of sorts. Hammoth looks younger (he’s about 40-50 years old) and also thinner (seems he's just recovered from sickness). His lightsaber lies before him, next to his helmet. He's holding the kyber in his hand (it looks like Bibingui's stone). Hammoth speaks to the KYBER, as if talking to you:

"Dear student, young Defender.
Protector of Justice and Worlds...

If you can see me, it means the agreement's been fulfilled…

I was born in a world of strife, and forged in a sea of deceit. How do you grow when everything is a lie, and the only thing you hold true is death? Under the orders of Jensaraai, I grew with the inquisitors of the Empire to harvest their secrets for our clan. And it worked well for me, until one day...

OOC: Hammoth repeats the story you already heard from Closure, until the Jedi order part, where he adds the following:

However, when I joined the Jedi, little I knew that I was branded, infected by the monsters of Qorit. They used me to track our clansmen, and carry on the purge of the Jensaarai.

I tried to hide, but they found me.
I tried to escape, but they caught me.

They brought me to a place of pain and despair, a starship never-stopping, I was shackled within its depths, freed only to search and destroy my clan and my friends. I eventually realized I was the one killing my people, all I wished for was death… The gaze of their heads through their broken helmets, they haunt me even today... Vengeance wouldn't be enough to fill the void left by their passing and my treason.

A certain day, someone breached the ship's hull impacting their vessel with such a force, that the shields weren't able to stop it (OOC: You can also see this memory):

The sound of a monster echoes through the starship... I hear people screaming "SIQSA! SIQSAAAA!". Suddenly, complete quiet ensues. The sith and the troopers in the chamber I was locked-in prepared to fight... Only the hum of lightsabers fills the air... Then I hear her speak:

"CERTAINLY, THEY EXISTED...
THOSE CONSUMED WITH GREED, THOSE BLINDED BY AMBITION... BUT NOT ANYMORE.
HERE, ONLY THE WINNER AND THE VANQUISHED.
AFTER THE END, THE MIGHTY RULE!"

Sweat in their hands, everybody on alert. A group of men charge into the shadows screaming, To meet with the cold steel of death. She shakes the blood off her sword and places the blade back into the scabbard. Then, a flaming green lightsaber ignites.

She kills everyone, and finally, talks to me:

"THESE MEN WERE THE MEN OF THE END (QORIT).
WHAT COMES AFTER THE END, I AM.
CLOSURE."

For the first time in years, hope was restored within me. I asked her to take me with her, but she refused: "FAILURE AND DISOBEDIENCE, THEY BOTH MEAN TREASON. TO KILL EVERYONE, MY ORDERS ARE." She suggested taking me to the Slavenepo-Goda and I agreed.

In exchange for a shot to revive the Jensaarai
I offered you to him.
I believe you understand.
He spared my life, and will help me find suitable people for the clan. This is what shall allow me to find and save you and all of your brothers.I lost track of time, but this will be the first day I’ll see the outside world. First I had to recover from my “condition”.

After I told her my story, she took a good look at me.

Closure told me I was infected with the WORM OF HESETHUS, a slime that gets into the brain of force users and other animals (of its native world) and takes over its host after several years, until their death (from brain failure). Apparently, the WORM kidnaps the brain and feeds on the brain.She told me this WORM can be manipulated by force users, to exert control over the infected and slow-down the infection process so the host survives for a long period of time… she stressed the fact the WORM rarely infects force users, that it should be an artificial process.

What really scared me… was that after looking at the size of the WORM, Closure realized I was infected BEFORE meeting with Nebulae… can you understand the dimension of this fact?

OOC: Hammoth takes an hologram projector out, and shows him a recording of him and Closure:

Closure: TO REMOVE THE SLIME, TREPHINATION OF YOUR SKULL IS REQUIRED. TO STOP THE WORM, HOLD TIGHT YOUR BELIEFS YOU MUST. ENTER THE VOID (there’s a hole in the floor).
Hammoth: I lost faith in this world.
Closure: IF YOU CAN’T HOLD ONTO YOUR BELIEFS, CLING TO THE END YOU WILL. UNDERSTAND YOU MUST, THAT ALL THINGS END…
Hammoth: … What’s a SIQSA?
Closure: A DEMON THAT IS.
Hammoth: … Why did they call you that? Why are you helping me?
Closure: BECAUSE I MAKE THE DARKNESS CONSCIOUS TO ENLIGHTEN MEN… OR MAYBE DANGEROUS I AM. HELPING YOU PART OF MY JOB IS, GOOD FOR BUSINESS IT IS.
Hammoth: … Trephination in the “void”… Go ahead then…

OOC: The projection ends.

Her teachings, they look familiar, they remind me of QORIT but don’t feel the same at all. She taught me how to improve our lightsabers, and help me make this KYBER for you. With this gem, your lightsaber won’t run-out of battery (under normal circumstances).

She finally extracted the WORM from my head, Closure and I will take our leave to find survivors of the purge, and seek more people like you.

May you honor our part of the deal, and that the path ahead of you helps you discover the ultimate truth and honor the lives (past, present and future) of the Jensaarai."