View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 06:05 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Custom templates not available to pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmin Beg View Post
Thanks. The confusion was that the default save location is "Documents\GURPS Character Assistant 4\characters" and saving a GDF here did nothing. I looked at "data files", but it was empty and nothing seemed to indicate that's where templates should go to be detected on startup. So I went with the location where other GDFs were saved.

Perhaps something could be set up so that saving as a GDF automatically suggests the correct save location for that file type?
You're welcome.

I understand that confusion, and I'm sorry that I caused it. Since GCA4 made use of Save As for that, it used the standard character save location and didn't know about special cases until after the dialog was closed.

GCA 5 doesn't use the Save As dialog to save a character as a template (it's a separate option on the File menu), and it will prompt for saves to the user's Books folder by default, rather than to the Characters folder. (Note, I just added this feature to GCA5, so it's not currently available in the Beta Preview release.)