View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #16
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA5 Beta Preview available now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaldon View Post
That is what it feels like, but it is my Documents file, and I am the sole User and administrator.
GCA 4 works fine but I can't seem to give permision to GCA 5 to use my documents folder.
I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but something is seriously messed up there.

The fact that GCA can find and compile the plugins demonstrates that things seem to be fine with the state of the .Net Framework.

It's really acting like there's a problem with the permissions that don't allow GCA access, but I don't know how that could have happened if you're the only user and you are using your own folders and you installed GCA.

Did GCA somehow get set to use a compatibility mode? Did you sandbox GCA? Is your anti-malware software blocking GCA, maybe?

Nothing you've apparently done is any different than all the other users who have installed this, and none of them are having this issue! It's just boggling my mind.

The only other thing I can think of is to have you uninstall through Add Remove Programs, and then manually *completely* remove these two folders:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steve Jackson Games
C:\ProgramData\Steve Jackson Games

Again, that USERNAME is yours, instead.

Once all that is cleared out, download again, and try installing again.

I don't know what else to try.