View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 04:08 PM   #35
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Low-Tech] Smallsword with the Bronze Age 'Rapier?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
While a 16-19th century style bell handguard is technically possible, it's obvious that the makers of these weapons liked their decorated hilts. The majority of examples you've shown either have gold hilts or gold rivets for attaching a similarly-shaped hilts made from other materials. If a bell hand guard existed there would be rivets or other precious metal fragments to indicate its presence.
OK, but what parts of 'fairly cinematic' or 'We have no evidence of this' (and even some evidence against it mentioned in my post) leads you to think that you need to beat me over the head with something that I already know - that while physically possible to have made, it probably never existed?

If you hate the thought of it existing even in a more cinematic game, just say that.

EDIT: That might not be your intention, but that's how it looks from here. That or you both heavily misread my intentions.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 03-02-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote