View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #34
Stripe

Default Re: [Magic] 1001 Standard Magic Items

Why isn't there a Blocking version of Slow Fall? Wasn't there one in G3e? Gah.

Item Name: Cloak of the Bat
Item Type: Hooded, light leather heavy cloak
Description: Appears to be a cloak formed from a pair of living bat wings folded around the wearer and clasped in front. Spread and flap dramatically while the wearer is airborne.
Price: $237,875.
Materials Cost: Light leather heavy cloak with hood, lined with bat fur around hood and shoulders (styling, +4 CF), $275.
Enchantment Cost: $237,600.
Enchantments: Shapeshifting (bat; 3,000, M33); Speed 1 (500, M57); Fortify 3 (800, M66); Illusion Shell (400, M96); Flight (2,500, M145).
Function: The illusion shell causes the light leather heavy cloak to look like folded bat wings wrapped around the wearer. They spread from his back while flying, falling or jumping. While in bat form, the wearer has a wingspan of about five feet and weighs about 2.5 lbs. Provides DR 4 against cutting, DR 3 against all other damage types. It can help to conceal items (+4 to Holdout). If falling, the wearer will drop 10 feet in the second it takes to cast the flight spell.
Notes: See Cloaks, B404 and LT99. It is up to the GM to determine what, if any, reaction bonus the Illusion Shell grants. The cost of the illusion shell enchantment alone is $13,200 (CF +239).
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote