View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #73
Phoenix_Dragon

Default Re: [Combat]: Do you bow, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I shoot from default so must have a skill below 10, yet I simply will not miss from 6 feet unless someone is actively shoving me or I get some weird unpredictable muscle spasm. That's just my height away. That's literally right in front of me.
Get in a firefight with people trying to kill you, then get back to us on that. People actually trained in the use of firearms can and frequently do miss at close ranges. Quick googling turns up pretty poor numbers: I'm seeing police accuracy in shootings of about 40% within 6 feet, and about 20% from 6-21 feet. That's roughly what you'd expect from a final effective skill of 10 (Actually, slightly worse), after any bonuses or penalties. Those same officers perform much better at the range, I'm sure.

Shooting in a non-combat situation is a far more difficult thing than shooting in a combat situation. No, you will not have 100% accuracy in a firefight. You can go on youtube and find plenty of videos of shootings where someone approached to within six feet (Including one I remember on a victim buckled into a vehicle), fired multiple rounds (Some even empty their weapons), and failed to hit their intended target even once.
Phoenix_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote