View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: How many can i put down into play (in the table)?

There's a difference between asking a multi-part question, as opposed to asking multiple random questions, so in this case, you're doing just fine.

As for your question, I'm going to try to answer everything, and in some cases, I may cover some points you already have, but I'm just doing it to be complete rather than just comment on points you made:

At the root of it, in Super Munchkin you may have only one Class, one HQ, one Sidekick, unlimited Origins, any number of Powers whose sum of Ranks does not exceed your Level, and any number of small Items in play. Yes, if you add in other Munchkin versions, you might have to deal with Big Items, and in that case, you may have only one Big Item in play.

What I want to make clear, since it's a frequent misconception, is that you can carry (in other words, have in play) any number of what some people might refer to as "slot" Items: Headgear, Footgear, Armor, and Hand Items. However, you can only use (in other words, get a bonus or special ability from) one of each type of Item. So, you can carry 3 Headgear Items, but you can only use one. You can use any number of Items that don't qualify as one of those Items indicated above.

As for value: Items have a Gold Piece value, which includes the phrase "No Value." Anything else is not an Item, and can't be kept in play unless it's one of the other cards mentioned above, or says so on the card or in the rules: In some Munchkin games, there are cards that are not Items, but give a continuing bonus, so they remain in play. You can't keep GUAL cards, or cards like Contrived Escape and Wardrobe Malfunction in play. However, you can still put one-shot Items in play.

I'm hoping I covered everything, but if I missed something, don't hesitate to point it out.
MiB #1029