View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
Figleaf23
Banned

Default Re: Critique/Help with my char

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeonTheUnborn View Post
I was wondering if anyone would look over this character with me and give me some advice on how to make him better cause I still run into some problems here and there with the amount of points I have and plus I would like some people to give me ideas.

The game isn't very combat heavy, but the fights we get into are usually serious, as the enemies have the same point values as us and do pretty major damage.

Setting: TL 3 type game, with some TL 4 weaponry and magic.

Our GM granted us 150 points, -50 disads, 5 quirks, and 10 points for writing a background story.

Rhonin
ST: 11 HP:13
DX: 13 Will: 10
IQ: 10 Per: 10
HT: 10 FP: 12
Basic Speed: 7

So that right there is 105 points in base stats right there. (I want to at least have 13 and a basic speed of 7 or 7.5, and the 11 lets me dual-wield Katanas or some of the other broadswords)

advantages - 55 points
combat reflexes -15
Enhanced Parry 2 - 10
Striking ST 2 - 10
Weapon Master(Katana) - 20

disadvantages - 55 points
Vow (only use his mother's katana's) - 10
Sense of Duty(companions) - 5
Overconfidence - 5
Pacifism - 10
Enemy(His Rival "Donovan") -15
Light Sleeper - 5

quirks
Likes eating home cooked meals - 1
humble - 1
dislikes disorganization - 1
stubborn - 1
Likes beating his rival in combat - 1

Okay, so my disads effectively cancel out the point value of my ads. Leaving me with 55 points.

Skills
Broadsword [16] DX+3 - 12
Riding (Equines) [14] DX+1 - 4
Fast Draw(Katana) [14] DX+1 - 2
Karate [15] DX+2 -12
Stealth[13] DX+0 -2
First Aid[13] IQ+3 -8
Parry Missile Weapon [13] DX+0 - 4
Merchant [10] IQ+0 -2

Techniques
Dual Weapon Attack [14] 3
Off - hand weapon training [14] 5
Retain weapon [16] 0
Disarming(Broadsword) [16] 0
Feint(Broadsword)[16] 0
Feint(Karate)[16] 0
Counterattack [11] 0

And thats all of it. I gave him an emphasis on attack with both weapons and trying to counterattack if possible and for him to parry with his swords if he can. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
I'm curious -- you say the game isn't combat-heavy, but this character is good for almost nothing else. Is he the group's fighter?

Any, without having read other comments yet, I would suggest to improve him as a fighter:

Swap Ambidextrous for Off-Hand weapon training, sell back 0.25 points of Speed, and buy Move, add +1 DX and reduce spending on all DX skills by one level (netting 15 points) and sell back a further 0.25 Speed to cover the last 5 points.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote