View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
Witchking

Default Re: Critique/Help with my char

If you have weapon master then DWA starts at -2 to skill instead of -4 (for that weapon).

If the game is not combat heavy what do you picture your character doing between the fighting?

Since I often play in a lighter combat enviorment (1 run in 3 or so breaks out the combat map)...I usually save 10-20 points for "not combat" skills when doing character design...whether it is social, scholarly, thief/rogue, craft skills etc...it means you can put an oar in when there is no fighting.

Also since there is magic involved...will your side have mages?
If they do...what is the GM's proceedure for learning spells?

In the runs I have been in spells are learned like other skills more or less...
That means the mage often would LOVE to learn more spells...now he just has to get the rest of the party to take 2-3 months of "non adventure" time so he can go learn them.

If the GM/party agree on such a 2-3 month break...what would you see your character doing...learning skills, making money, partying away his adventuring lootz?

Just a couple of possible things to keep in mind.

FYI (I often build 150+dis with a stat line about ST11 DX 12-3 IQ 12-3 HT 11 or so...with the MINIMUM skills I see as survivable...with the plan to evolve up the physical and mental skills with earned cps...usually with a non adventuring "Profession" in the build YMMV). Right now playing ST 11 DX 13 IQ 13 HT 11 DWA Rapier with WM Rapier (learned in play during a 6 mon non Adventure time break...while the wizard learned spells) who has been both a city guardsman and now a navigator/ships master when not heroing (and sometimes while heroing too...)

Good Luck!!

Last edited by Witchking; 11-07-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Witchking is offline   Reply With Quote