View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 09:08 AM   #460
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I get something to eat... Hopefully hospital food has lost it's bad reputation in the 35th century.
The food is wonderful. Perhaps they know how to cook better in the 35th century. Perhaps he's been living off of under-seasoned rice. Perhaps he's just hungry.

OCC: Huh? Hospital food has a bad reputation? since when? since where? My Wife stayed in the hospital just before covid hit, and they had good food.

Quote:
The first two are unsurprising. The second two are more unnerving; maybe the names changed over the years, or perhaps the island sank due to global warming? "So how about records on the Caribbean or Britain?"
We have lots of records on the Carribean, Britain... and even on the british carribean. Just no records of a Port Royale, Rattan.

Quote:
On the DNA, I say, "Well it's not as if you have DNA samples on everyone."
"Actually, we try to. The concordance records the genetics of all its members, and encourages its partner worlds to do so. Its a basic health measurement. Your family must be really isolated to be this divergent. You... were naturally conceived, yes?"

Quote:
Well is there anything to do in the waiting room? If not, I'll start wandering around. There must be something interesting around the hospital.
There are books of all sorts and toys for very small children.

He's poking around various corners when he hears something like a scream... no, its all in his head. A mental scream, not an audible one.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote