Thread: cauldrons
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 09:51 PM   #47
Hyrneson

Default Re: cauldrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHoward View Post
Making a cauldron is no different to making a helmet. If a craftsman can make single-piece iron helmet then he can make a single-piece iron cauldron. Riveted ones were more common (just like helmets) but single-piece ones existed.
Dan, you are about the last person I'd quarrel with about this, but if (as WHS set the parameters) looking at TL3, I would think that we'd be looking at a copper smith (white smith?) as the craftsman not someone with armory skill. (Granted, related but at a -1 to -3 depending on the complexity). Then factor the dishing of armour grade weight/thickness metal is different than copper weight/thickness for cookware. If nothing else we are looking at lower, more controllable temperatures.
I admit my ignorance about if you would need to temper the copper cauldron as part of the process.

Also, no where (I may have missed it) did item quality get factored in.