View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Make Animals Threatening [Basic]

What Dr. Kromm said.

I might add that if that 150 point character is unarmed, things can be very different. And some predators such as some bears can fight on and be deadly even when shot.

There's also the issue of rabies or other conditions that can radically change animal behavior (not to mention being infectious). I once saw an animal at night out here in the country that was possibly a wolf or dog-wolf cross. It could even have been a large mixed breed dog, but it was night and I wasn't going to examine it. It repeatedly leapt at a wooden gate trying to break through to get to me on my property. It actually did break some of the lattice work on the gate. I've worked with dogs, and that is definitely not normal dog behavior.

An animal with a mental/neurological disorder can be vicious--or very tame (rabies can sometimes turn wild animals into friendly ones--but don't let them bite you!)
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote