View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #629
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Some rituals I've been working on for my latest MH game... I wrote a few RPM users in the past but never got to use one in-game before. I'm quite excited to finally get some RPM play!

Quote:
Magic Weapon
Spell Effects: Lesser Strengthen Matter + Lesser Control Matter
Modifiers: Altered Traits, Bestows a Bonus, Bestows a Penalty, Duration, Subject Weight

This spell can be cast on any melee weapon, and the bearer appears to be a remarkable combatant

Typical Casting: Lesser Strengthen Matter (3) + Lesser Control Matter (5) + Altered Traits, Uses effective casting Path Skill as Weapon Skill (0) + Bestows a Broad Bonus, +4 to Hit, damage and parry rolls (40) + Bestows a Broad Bonus, +4 Critical Success range (40) + Bestows a Broad Penalty, -4 to Active Defenses (40) + Enchancements, Armor Piercing 1/10 (40) + Duration, 1 month (11) + Subject Weight, 10lbs (0) 179 energy (179x1).
And for stuff out of melee range...
Quote:
Bow of the Ancestors
Spell Effects: Lesser Create Matter + Lesser Control Matter
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Trait, Bestows a Bonus, Bestows a Penalty, Damage Enhancements.
Greater Effects: 0 (x1).

This Ritual is cast upon a bow. For the duration, when the bowstring is drawn back, an arrow materializes knocked and ready to be fired such that two can be fired in the same action. The magic of the spell can enhance the arrows for special effects and help guide the arrow to its target.

Typical Casting: Lesser Create Matter (6) + Lesser Control Matter (5) + Altered Traits: Uses effective casting Path Skill as Bow Skill (0) + Bestows a Moderate Bonus, to hit and Damage +5 (32) + Bestows a Broad Penalty, -4 to Active Defense (40) + Bestows a Broad Bonus, +4 Critical Success range (40) + Long Range, +50%; Rapid Fire, RoF 2, +40%; Armor Piercing 1/10, +200% (58) + Duration, 1 month (11) + Subject Weight, 10 lbs (0). 192 energy (192x1).
I tossed force field on this magic resistance to protect what he's carrying, but I'm wondering if it has any effect in retrospect, as MR doesn't affect the caster's effective skill and inanimate objects don't get any kind of resistance IIRC. I have to discuss this one with my GM to see if it will have an effect... or perhaps I can use another ritual (lesser create Mind or Spirit) to grant my gear just enough consciousness to get a resistance roll... Opinions welcome!
Quote:
Protection from Magic
Spell Effects: Lesser Control Magic + Lesser Destroy Magic + Lesser Sense Magic.
Inherent Modifiers: Added Traits. Bestows a Bonus, Duration.

While protected by this ritual, the target has a standard spell ward with a +5 bonus to the effective casting skill. In addition, the subject and all they carry are protected with Improved Magic Resistance in the event the ward is ineffective. The subject is also able to sense some details about spells cast on them, or an ongoing spell or spelled item the subject touches or area they enter.

Typical Casting: Lesser Control Magic (5) + Lesser Destroy Magic (5) + Leser Sense Magic (2) + Added Traits: Improved Magic Resistance 20, Force Field, +20%, Switchable, +10% (130) + Bestows a Narrow Bonus, this ward +5 (16) + Duration, 1 week (9). 167 energy (167*1).
Stuff hurts, and death blows.
Quote:
Death Ward
Spell Effects: Greater Strengthen Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Traits.
Greater Effects: 1(x3).

This spell makes the subject creature able to survive devastating injury and grants them immunity to pain.

Typical Casting: Greater Strengthen Body (3) + Altered Traits, Unkillable 1 [50], Immunity to Pain [30] (80) + Duration 1 month (11) + Subject Weight 3,000 lbs. (5). 297 energy (99x3).
A double-duty protection spell against were-creatures and Psionic opponents
Quote:
Bane to the Terrors that Walk Like Men
Spell Effects: Lesser Control Mind + Lesser Control Body + Lesser Strengthen Mind.
Inherent Modifiers: Added Traits, Bestows a Bonus.

When the NeoCerebrum took control of a clan of were-Eagles, a common defense was required. While protected by this ritual, the target has a ward against Lycanthropes with a +5 bonus to the effective casting skill. In addition, they are protected from mental intrusions.

Typical Casting: Lesser Control Mind (5) + Lesser Control Body (5) + Lesser Strengthen Mind (3) + Added Traits: Mind Shield 20 (80) + Bestows a Narrow Bonus, this ward +5 (16) + Duration, 1 week (9). 118 energy (118*1).
I was considering ways of keeping zombies from getting to the bystanders while we cleaned them up... I considered a Control Undead to make them think they wanted saltwater fish to sate their unending hunger rather than flesh (since we were on a boat), but I decided to come up with something a little more generic.
Quote:
Safeguard the Living
Spell Effects: Greater Destroy Undead.
Inherent Modifiers: Added Traits, Area of Effect.
Greater Effects: 1 (x3).

This spell causes undead within the area to be filled with an aversion to the living and are unable to approach within 6 yards of them.

Typical Casting: Greater Control Undead (5) + Added Trait: Dread, 6 yards, Living creatures (Common x3) [-45] (9) + Area of Effect (2) + Duration, 30 min (2) + Range, 2 yards (0) + Subject Weight, 300 lbs (3). 63 energy (21x3).
I recalled somewhere that a one use trait could be made re-usable at 5x cost, so I tried taking advantage of that in this ritual
Quote:
Resurrection
Spell Effects: Greater Restore Spirit + Greater Restore Body.
Inherent Modifiers: Altered Traits.
Greater Effects: 2 (x5).

This spell will cause the dead subject to return to life.

Typical Casting: Greater Restore Spirit (4) + Greater Restore Body (4) + Altered Traits, Extra Life, persistant, x5 (125) + Subject Weight, 300 lbs (3). 680 energy (136x5).

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-03-2021 at 12:42 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote