View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #126
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

“KNOW THAT THEIR BASES AND HOMES I RAIDED.
I WASN’T TAKING SURRENDERS, ONLY THE LIVES OF QORIT.”

The last gift… Vanta approaches the box and finds an unusual item.

It’s a white orb, the size of an eyeball.

“TAKE IT YOU MUST. FROM YOUR LATE WIFE, THIS IS. KNOW THAT A MEMBER OF QUORIT SHE WAS, LEARN FROM THE MESSAGE SHE LEFT, YOU WILL.”

The orb is soft and when Vanta touches it, it “awakens”. It’s an eye, it looks at him… It does resemble his wife’s. He feels like it’s enveloped in a thin transparent film (similar to oblaat) that allows the eye to roll inside of it.

@Vic You aren’t familiar with this sort of item; however, Togosho feels the item was made with SITH ALCHEMY. Per a CRITICAL GM roll and thanks to the teachings of his master, Togosho could even tell you the essentials behind it: It’s a good piece of equipment and with the appropriate software, tunning and weather conditions, it could help you scout and map a variety of places and even record holo-messages.

To make the orb work, you have to replace one of your eyes, Vanta figures this much. Coincidentally, he just plucked an eye out of himself, and a “living wound” is the basic requirement to start things. Vanta instinctively fits the orb into his eye-socket. As it gets closer, a series of tentacles come out and try take the place of the eye he just sacrificed, Vanta focus on the pain, the only thing that’s left for him.

The orb’s tentacles tear a hole in Vanta’s brain, and his sight restored… almost immediately, a holo-message plays from this new “eye”:

At first, it’s just static, then you hear Closure and… Diantha… (his wife) she’s panting, running out breath.

Closure: CARRY ON.

Diantha: Beloved “Jabbar” I still taste the wine you gave me one sip. Today I withdraw from the banket to let you down and make you hurt… to wake up that dead heart of yours… (Diantha is coughing, and now you can see CLOSURE’s face). SIQSA, the eye is working… take it (Closure’s hand approaches Diantha’s eye and plucks it out… now you can see Diantha laying in the ground). Until your heart is ripe… inaudible... I’ll give you pain. Pain, is but an essence of life… by its presence new life finds its way…

I cannot pity the world that made me fall, but I pity the riddles I made that made me stray away from you… I… was an inquisitor … but then, it was just us… They used me, they hunted us and sent you there (to the lab) … I realized it too late… a thin line between… enemy and friend… ever since that line stopped, there was no beginning or end… (she spits blood) in the cradle of our past, two children you fathered… One of them was taken by the SITH and the other one… perished here with me… but you never knew… when I moved my shackles made noise and they noticed me… and today SIQSA here, saves me… honor (There’s a lot of static at this point) Only the most primitive cells… can help you remember of our child… find… (heavy breathing) FOB… It's… done, promise me… deliver the message and you can have my head… instead of “them”. Victor Jabbar, He’ll know… what to do.

Closure: THE MESSAGE HE’LL GET. CALM YOURSELF, HOLD YOUR BELIEFS IN YOUR HEART (Closure hands the orb to Diantha).

Diantha: Good… I’m… ready… help me stand to…

Closure: I UNDERSTAND, HUSH.

Closure rises Diantha’s body using the force, Diantha’s trying to record these last moments… Closure ignites a flaming light-saber, the she speaks the following words: “IN LIFE, SHAME. IN DEATH, ATONEMENT.”

The hologram stops playing.

“ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO, THE MEMBERS OF QUORIT STILL HUNTING I WAS. BUT YOUR WIFE WAS A VIP, OTHERS GOT HER FIRST. CLEANING THEY WERE WHEN I ARRIVED, “DEAD” SHE WAS WHEN SHE TALKED TO ME. I WIPED “THE CLEANERS” OUT AND SWEPT THE PLACE MYSELF. YOUR FAMILY’S PLACE OF REST THIS IS.”