View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #1303
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Is this from a comic? I didn't know any major lines had full on transsexuals. Ironic that he's buddies with the Captain as they both owe their powers to drug regimes. ;)
No, this particular Union Jack is a unique character of my own devising. The modern age Union Jack in the comics, Joseph Chapman, is actually a friend of Spitfire's son, Kenneth Creighton, who took on the role because Kenneth chose not to. You'll notice this Union Jack doesn't actually have powers, or even superhuman stats (14s across the board in physical stats is notable, yes, but not superhuman); the hormone therapy was more to look and sound more male, not meant to give powers. As for buddies with Cap, well, Cap and the elder Union Jack were old war buddies (they even managed to work the WWII Union Jack into First Avenger as one of the Howling Commandos, though they used his middle name of Montgomery).

I actually had the idea that Jack was a transexual back when I did Baron Blood's entry; I think I did a good job of hiding it in Blood's entry, yes? :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-20-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote