View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
Exxar
MIB

Default Re: Fantastic Dungeon Grappling & Technical Grappling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMattis View Post
The Binding advantage is also not mentioned. Should we assume it just inflicts CP as normal? What about stuff like spider-web or anything with layering? Should we just assume there is no upper CP limit for it? Also, Engulfing doubled CP inflicted, do you still think this should be a thing? Same with Binding having DR/Control Resistance equal to level/3.
I've recently started using Binding in my games and it has been working very nicely by inflicting CP based on thrust damage of its ST. There were also some talks a while back about an Innate Attack doing CP damage and what would be a good price for it (IIRC something like 10/level was being tossed around), but after going with Binding like this I don't think it's necessary for such an Innate Attack to exist.

I wouldn't use Engulfing at all with FDG, it doesn't fit the paradigm. Buy more levels of Binding and/or assign more Control Resistance. Speaking of which, I must confess I completely forgot about Control Resistance when I designed some weapons inflicting CP a while back (tanglers and similar). But it worked well without it as I simply assigned what seemed like enough control damage. That being said, it would be a good idea to figure out pricing for assigning Control Resistance to Binding, and it would also be a good idea to unify breaking a binding via grappling and breaking by damaging it. The latter hasn't come up in my campaigns yet so I haven't given it any thought. I'm just not sure that Binding should have Control Resistance equal to 1/3 ST by default.

One further datapoint - I've treated repeated Binding attacks against the same target as adding CP equal to just the number of control dice the attack normally does, as an analogue to further application of RAW Binding adding just +1 ST.

Last edited by Exxar; 03-11-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Exxar is offline   Reply With Quote