View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #5
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Malediction with a max range

Modifying these abilities involves getting "under the hood" anyway, so rather than deal with accessibility, I would just rebuild TK Crush. If you are using the point cost convention specified in Psionic Powers page #53

TK Crush (follow up)

Statistics: Crushing Attack 1 point (Based on IQ, +20%; Follow up, TK grab, +10%; Malediction 1, +100%; No Signature, +20%; Nuisance Effect, Must stare intently and directly at the subject, -5%; Psychokinesis, -10%; Variable, +5%) [3/level].

Even though TK grab is not an innate attack, I priced the follow-up as such for TK grab's Increased Range... you are attacking to TK grapple with the grab after all... Because the range is no longer a factor for a follow-up, we can knock Malediction 3 down to Malediction 1.

This has the added benefit of crushing at the same time as the grab occurs. If you want it to only work on turns after the first, add (onset, 1 sec., exposure time, -20%) and you can only damage them when you've had a hold of them for a full turn. I might quibble over whether onset should be priced this way under usual circumstances, but on this Psionic Powers style build, it does not impact the point cost anyway.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote