View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
pup67vargr

Default Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJuan View Post
Do we know how many build points we're working on, character build wise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
150 pt characters with 75 points of disads and 5 quirks ok?
I was actually thinking more like 160 pt characters with NO MORE than 50 pts of disads, and NO MORE than 5 quirks, but less disads and/or quirks is certainly ok. And let's see if we can't go light on the pacifism, ok? I feel the need to present you with some villains that have a desperate need to be killled.
Quote:
And do we want the characters to be an already established crew? As in, they've all been working with each other for some time, or do we go the "this is our first job togheter" route?
Quote:
I'd prefer the hybrid 'newly established crew'. We've been together long enough to have a good reason to trust each other and get along, but not so long we should have lots of in-jokes and history. Maybe a month or two.
Agreed. You've been working together aboard the Hero Class Hiawatha for almost 3 months. (for those non-Americans who don't know, Hiawatha ("Hye-a-wath-a) is a legendary hero of several American Indian tribes [Horrors! the pc term is now Native American], and although I was just reading something this morning that claimed that there might have been an actual person by that name, he certainly would not have been capable of the heroic feats attributed to him in legend.)

In fact, you'll be marking your 90th day together aboard the Hiawatha next week. That's 90 days with no incidents, no injuries, and all pick-ups and deliveries made on time. It seems almost too good to last.... Some of you may have a nagging feeling that the universe has something up its sleeve waiting for you, while others among you may dismiss such notions as ludicrous superstition.

[The paragraph above will be re-posted when the IC thread opens, the preview is given to give you a little more of a taste of things to come to help with character creation.]
Quote:
EDIT: Forgot to ask; what period of the ISW are we going to be in? Free Trader wise, I think the "default" setting is the Empty Peace or somehing that sounds like that ;)
Quote:
And yes, I'd vote for the Empty Peace. It's a good time for gaming.
Done and done!

Last edited by pup67vargr; 08-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote