View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #1715
Otaku

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
And this is a problem I've run into several times. There are hundreds of characters who do NOT make sense for Year One, Galactus and the Silver Surfer being among the top contenders. The original New Warriors, excluding Night Thrasher, all had history well before their first appearance as a team, so they're not exactly a "Year One" kind of team the way the FF, X-Men, and even Avengers are.
Yes. Not only did the founding New Warriors all have an established history before the Warriors, but it was often important, or at least flavorful that that they did. Though it does help that some of the major names, like Spider-Man, are already a little older than one might expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
If it is a second or third time, it's been a while. :) I can't remember if you have or not.

Regarding various Ultraverse, New Universe, etc. characters and concepts making the jump, there are no current plans to do so. That does not mean, however, that Lukasz/Eden Blake/Mantra or Prime can't or won't cross over; there's just no plans as yet. While I enjoy several of the M2 characters - Spider-Girl, J2, American Dream, etc - they are quite clearly not Year One; they'd be "alternate future" characters at best (although an alternate future character coming to the "past" - our present, their past - isn't out of the question).

You know, come to think of it, I may toss Prime and Elven into the Xavier Institute student body. Something to think about.
Nice!

I realize MC2 (and the 2099 setting, which I left out) aren't going to have a lot of characters or things you could import... but they introduced Alchemax into the Earth-616 setting, so I figure there might be a few things you could lift. ;) Someone like Mr. Nobody seems like they could be slotted in just about anywhere. Once again, though, do what you'd like. ;)

Prime and Elven being part of the Xavier Institute student body sounds fun, even if they just end up being Easter Eggs. :) I have a certain fondness for Ghoul (Jonathan Martin). I didn't even realize I did, but there's definitely a dash of him mixed with one of my GURPS Supers characters I ran back in high school. XD
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote